How do I get my photos?
After our shoot, I usually ask for 7 working days to go through and edit the best of the bunch which is usually around 20 images. Once they are ready, you can meet with me or I can send you a link with a password to look at your images on my website. From here you can click the ones you like and then I can offer and advise depending on how many you choose what package or purchase is right for you. If you choose a package, this will take 3 days to print and send out. Digital purchases can be downloaded immediately upon received payment- a private link will be sent to you. Please do download and save the images as the link will expire after 24 hours.
What if we go over an hour for shooting?
It is important for me to stress how important we don’t worry about the time. I do a flat shooting rate of £100, we take as long as it takes, and then packages can be purchased afterwards.
What if I don’t want a wedding package?
This is fine, but please note I charge £500 for half a day or £800 for a full day. A private gallery will be set up and you can choose individual purchases, If you would prefer just to have digital copies on a USB Drive of your day this is £500 with 150 photos, 25 of which will be professionally edited.
What if we need shorter or longer hours on your wedding prices?
I do offer half a day or a full day. These are the most popular hour choices and if we go over the booked time there will be an extra charge of £50 an hour on the day. An invoice for the wedding will be issued before the day and any hours extra will be billed afterwards.
Viewing my lightbox
What is a lightbox?
When you have a photoshoot, you have the option of the images being uploaded online for you to view and approve prior to any physical production taking place.
How do I view my lightbox?
The link to your lightbox will be emailed to you once ready. This email will also contain a password that will be required to access the lightbox.
What do I use my lightbox for.
The lightbox is to be used to view select and approve the images from your photoshoot.
Clicking on the images will show you a larger version.
When you press SEND SELECTION, this will take to a final screen that will allow you to add any comments if required.
NOTE: Your final images will not contain any watermarking.
What if I would like to view my images in person with you?
This is of course not a problem and I am always happy for us to view and select your images together. Just let me know after the shoot your preferred method of approval.
What is My Account?
The My Account area is where you can view your previous purchases, existing orders, downloads and your account contact information.
How do I get an Account?
When you purchase anything on the site, an account will be automatically created for you and a username and password will be generated. These details will be emailed to you after your purchase and will allow you to log into your account.
You can do this from the ‘My Account‘ link at the very bottom of the website or by clicking the link below.
Royalty Free Stock Images
What are Royalty Free Images?
Royalty Free is a type of license used to sell stock images.
This license types grants the buyer a determined set of rights to use the image in multiple ways, for a flat, one-time fee. This means you pay for the license only once, and you can use it forever within the accepted ways, without any further payment obligations.
Understanding Image Licensing
The most basic concept you must know to work with stock photos is that you are acquiring the right to use a photo in a certain way, not the property of the photo itself.
The photographer who created the photo is still the owner of the photo. He/she holds the copyright, the official term pointing the ownership of photos, music, paintings, texts, and other intellectual physical or non-physical creations.
What Licence types do you offer?
We provide two types of licensing: One Time Use and Extended. Our standard One Time Use license permits you to use the purchased media in one design through the terms described below. Our Extended license expands on the One Time Use license to increase both the types and quantities of reproductions permitted, namely the ability to use our media in items that are meant for resale.
Our One Time Use License
Subject to the restrictions described under Prohibited Uses below, the following are ‘Permitted Uses’ of media purchased from us:
- invitations, advertising and promotional projects, including printed materials, product packaging, presentations, film and video presentations, commercials, catalogues, brochures, promotional greeting cards and promotional postcards (ie. not for resale or license) up to 2,000 prints;
- school or university projects;
- social media post or profile image;
- decorative background on a personal computer or mobile device;
- online or electronic publications, including web pages, blogs, ebooks and videos, limited to a maximum of 480,000 total pixels (for example: 600px x 800px) per media file where un-edited.
Unless otherwise declared as ‘Extended’, all media available on this site is licensed under the One Time Use license, including our Editorial media.
Our Extended License
Our Extended license expands on our One Time use license in the following ways:
- invitations, advertising and promotional projects, including printed materials, product packaging, presentations, film and video presentations, commercials, catalogues, brochures, promotional greeting cards and promotional postcards up to an unlimited number of prints;
- entertainment applications, such as books and book covers, magazines, newspapers, editorials, newsletters, and video, broadcast and theatrical presentations up to an unlimited number of prints;
- prints, posters (i.e. a hardcopy) and other reproductions for personal or promotional purposes, resale, license or other distribution up to an unlimited number of prints;
- in themes, skins and other electronic software meant for resale limited to a maximum of 480,000 total pixels (for example: 600px x 800px) per media file where un-edited.
Both our One Time Use and Extended licenses permit you to use the purchased media in one project only. For use in multiple projects, additional licenses may be required. An exception to this rule is if an image is used in an editorial capacity with a duplicate article both in print and online; one license permits you to use the same image in both mediums.
- install and use the Stock Media in more than one location or post a copy of the Stock Media on a network server or web server for use by other users;
- sub-license, re-sell, rent, lend, assign, gift or otherwise transfer or distribute the Stock Media or the rights granted under these terms;
- use any of the Stock Media as part of a trade-mark, design-mark, trade-name, business name, service mark, or logo;
- se Stock Media identified as “Editorial Use Only”, for any commercial, promotional, endorsement, advertising or merchandising use. For clarification, in this Agreement “Editorial Use Only” of Stock Media means use relating to events that are newsworthy or of general interest and expressly excludes any advertorial sections (i.e. sections or supplements featuring brand and/or product names or sections or supplements in relation to which you receive a fee from a third-party advertiser or sponsor);
- remove any notice of copyright, trade-mark or other proprietary right from any place where it is on or embedded in the Stock Media
- use the Stock Media in a fashion that is considered by us or under applicable law to be pornographic, obscene, immoral, infringing, defamatory or libellous in nature, or that would be reasonably likely to bring any person or property reflected in the Stock Media into disrepute;
- use the Stock Media in a way that places any person depicted in the Stock Media in a bad light or in a way that they may find offensive – this includes, but is not limited to, the use of images: a) in pornography, “adult videos” or the like; b) in ads or promotional materials for adult entertainment clubs or similar venues, or for escort, dating or similar services; and c) uses that are defamatory, or contain otherwise unlawful, offensive or immoral content. You may not use Stock Media containing the likeness of a person if such use implies that the model engages in any immoral or illegal activity or suffers from a physical or mental infirmity, ailment or condition;
- use Stock Media in a manner that competes with our business including, but not limited to, displaying Stock Media in any format (including thumbnails) for download or Export on a website or offering Stock Media for sale;
- use the Stock Media for editorial purposes without including the following credit adjacent to the Stock Media or in audio/visual production credits: ‘©Catherine Mason’;
- incorporate the Stock Media in any product that results in a re-distribution or re-use of the Stock Media or is otherwise made available in a manner such that a person can extract or access or reproduce the Stock Media as an electronic file;
- to the extent that source code is contained within the Stock Media, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any part of such source code;
- se or display the Stock Media in an electronic format that enables it to be downloaded, Exported or distributed via mobile devices or shared in any peer-to-peer or similar file sharing arrangement; or
- use or display Stock Media in such a manner that gives the impression that the Stock Media were created by you or a person other than the copyright holder of the Stock Media.
Please note that by purchasing a license to use the media on this site from us, you acknowledge that no transfer of copyright exists, and you are purchasing a license to use the media as per the terms set out in this agreement.
For any uses not listed here, or for questions regarding our licensing please contact us.
Is this web site secure?
Yes, all the information you enter on this web site is protected by SSL.
What is an SSL?
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) was the most widely deployed cryptographic protocol to provide security over internet communications before it was preceded by TLS (Transport Layer Security) in 1999. Despite the deprecation of the SSL protocol and the adoption of TLS in its place, most people still refer to this type of technology as ‘SSL’. SSL provides a secure channel between two machines or devices operating over the internet or an internal network. One common example is when SSL is used to secure communication between a web browser and a web server. This turns a website’s address from HTTP to HTTPS, the ‘S’ standing for ‘secure’.
How do I know a website is secure with SSL?
Technically, SSL is a transparent protocol which requires little interaction from the end user when establishing a secure session. In the case of a browser, you can tell if a site is using SSL when a padlock is displayed or the address bar shows the URL as HTTPS instead of HTTP.
Do you store my credit card details?
No, we do not store any of your credit cards. All the information is handled by our payment gateway.
Stripe is a technology company. Its software allows individuals and businesses to receive payments over the Internet. Stripe provides the technical, fraud prevention, and banking infrastructure required to operate on-line payment systems.
What are the travel fees?
If your destination is in the County of Oxfordshire or Gloucestershire, there are no travel fees.
If you are outside of these two counties, a travel fee of £50 per travelling hour is applied to your invoice.